Foreign technology used in Kozhikode twin blasts: Police

via Pioneer News Service | Kozhikode published on October 12, 2006

 


The police have reportedly got evidence that foreign technology was used in the twin blasts that occurred in the city seven months ago.


 


 


The Delhi-Mumbai model blasts were carried out on an experimental basis, said the investigating officers.


 


Meanwhile, the transfer of the Superintendent of Police in the investigating team has reportedly led to controversies, as the investigation was nearing the end.


 


SP of the Crime Branch Special Investigation Wing, Jose George, was replaced by DP Mohankumar, commandant of the RAF.


 


Police suspect a youth, native of Malappuram, who fled after the blasts to a foreign country, in connection with the case.


 


Meanwhile, two crude bombs were recovered when local people were clearing a heap of garbage at Vellozhuku near here on Thursday, police said.


 


The bombs were recovered while clearing the garbage as part of intense cleaning drive to prevent possible spread of chikungunya viral fever in the region, police said. The bombs were later handed over to the police.


 


In another incident, three “steel bombs” were found while clearing a heap of wastes accumulated close to a lane near Muzhappilangad near here.


 


However, two unidentified motorbike riders who reached the place took away the bombs. No arrests had been made.


 


 

Welcome to Haindava Keralam! Register for Free or Login as a privileged HK member to enjoy auto-approval of your comments and to receive periodic updates.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available

Latest Articles from Kerala Focus

Did You Know?