Marginalisation of Hindus causing unrest in Congress
08/06/2012 05:08:08 HK
The unrest prevalent in the Congress Party, which had once subsided, has now raised its leering head once again. This comes in wake of the finale of Neyyatinkara by-elections held recently. The allegations against them are that the leaders representing the majority community and backward communities have been completely marginalized by the Congress Party.
Another factor that goes behind the allegations are the forth coming Rajya Sabha elections. The allegations against Congress are that most of positions allotted in the Board and Corporations have been handed over to people of the minority community. Prime among allegations are that even senior positions earlier allotted to those belonging to members of the Hindu community now belong to these people. Earlier it appeared that all posts allotted for IUML and KC were handed over in total to members of minority community. Now it is the turn of the Congress to do it on an exclusive basis.
Some of the glaring examples of these are :
· KP Nooruddhin: President, Khadi Board
· Solomon Alex: President, State Mortgage Bank
· Lal Varghese Kalpakavadi: Chairman, Horticorp
· Joy Thomas: Chairman, Consumerfed
· Vijayan Thomas: Chairman, KTDC
· Padmini Thomas: President, Sports Council (these posts were earlier handled by C Mohanahandran and Shooranadu Rajashekharan)
· Kunji Illampilly: Chairman, Cooperative Examination Board (it is also rumoured that he happens to be the relative of a state minister too)
· PJ Joy: Chairman, Bamboo Corporation (he was fomer MLA too)
· Tony Chimmani: Mayor, Kochi Corporation (he is said to have shoved aside KPCC Bharavahi N Venugopal in the recently concluded local administrative body elections.
Right from the time it assumed leadership, the present government has constantly been under flak for gross negligence and complete ignoring of leaders hailing from Hindu community. They have been accused of bowing conveniently for the benefit of those higher-ups from Churches and financially influential section.